Wednesday, December 17, 2014

5 Best Moments

My mom never wants gifts for Christmas, instead she always asks my brothers and I to share our good deeds of the year and favorite moments. This year she asked us to share our five greatest moments in life. I love this game because its a fun story telling time for each of us to go around and share. I've put a lot of thought into my five best moments thus far and its hard to just pick 5 but here goes..

These are not ranked in order because narrowing it to only five was hard enough.

1. Completing my goal of 25 by 25. My love of traveling has grown with every trip and new experience. I hunger for the urge to break away every so often and escape the day to day grind of American life. To wake up in a foreign place and be the minority. To explore new territory and meet new people.

2. Going to U.C. Davis and graduating. This experience shaped me because it was the first time I was off on my own in a new town. It was exactly what I needed to feel like I was growing up. I got to be independent and manage on my own. I found out more about who I was from Davis and the hippy in me was really released. I connected with the earth, nature, people, clubs, all while gaining a valuable education. Camp Kesem will forever be my most cherished moments in life. I learned a different kind of strength, from so many young children who have suffered great loses. All the children were so brave and bundles of joy to be around. The camp connected each and every one of us in a deep bond that will never be forgotten.  I can forever think back on Davis, California as my early 20's stomping grounds and all the wonderful memories. I feel blessed to have graduated from such a great school.

3. Backpacking in Central America for 7 weeks with my Dad. I learned a lot about my Dad and our travel styles. I will also cherish these memories long after he is gone and reflect back on how lucky I am to have taken such a trip with their father. You grow from every trip in life and this one tested our patience to trust that not everything goes as planned but it always works out. That is my life motto and never stops ringing true.

4. Going to Thailand to volunteer. Those two weeks were so humbling and life changing. The perspective I gained from others realities in the outskirts of Thailand were eye opening, humbling, envious, grateful. Each travel teaches us more and more and our perspective of the world and this life is shaped.

5. Going to Indonesia with Cisco. This trip was the doorway to my career at Cisco. It was another volunteer trip, centered around teaching students of the future in technology.

6. My upcoming trip to India to fulfill a few bucket items will be a life changing adventure. I can't wait to see the doors it opens and the places I reach in my mind.

I have to follow this up with the five things I'm grateful for:

1. My health. So often people take for granite the simple fact that they are alive and breathing and that right there is something to celebrate. Anytime I get sick, I am reminded just how lucky it is to be healthy and have that in your favor. I am extremely grateful and admire everyone who goes through health problems. They are the real super heroes in human form. Their strength to live life fully with a health complication deserves a bravo.

2.My family. My backbone is my everything. Knowing I can turn to my family for anything is the most honoring feeling. I am beyond grateful to have such a loving family.

3.My drive. I know that this is my life and in order to accomplish the goals I want to accomplish, I have to make it happen. If there's a way there's a will. Everything is possible. Get to the point of sacrificing all that you know to get what you want. Everything works out.

4. My friends. I am beyond blessed with the friends I can turn to in any situation. They are the family I picked. I've been granted so many wonderful souls to have deep connections with and am forever grateful for these individuals.

5. My life. Every bump, everyday, everything that has been thrown my way because it has taken me to this point of where I am now and it is where I've always dreamed to be. I am content at 26 and I am happy. I am going places and I have been places. I know that the best part of it all is that some of my greatest days in life have yet to happen. I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment