Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Get Naked

**This post was written back in January but never actually posted which seems to be the case with a lot of my posts. I never publish them. I write out my thoughts and keep them as drafts but today when I reflected back I realized that my mindset on how I see life is always the same. So now its time to get these drafts posted because like the title and like my previous post, I have nothing to lose and would rather just put it all out there.

Just start going. Do you ever feel like you just need to let so much out but not? Does that even make sense? Okay lets start again..

I have always said I want to blog, I want to leave a trail for myself to reflect back on one day and with that mindet, writing is so easy. However, I am looking back on some of my posts for the first time and noticed so many errors in my previous post that I thought about editing them but then realized it doesn't matter. Whats done is done. You can take back a moment after it happens, so why do we as humans make the simple mistakes we do? Temporary Satisfaction, fun, influence, expected?

Okay that's off topic. Life these days... I have said this so many times but it keeps ringing to be so true in life... Nothing ever goes as planned but everything always works out perfectly. The reason this is worth writing about is because it was such a life lesson learned. I'm not going into details but my mind, heart, emotions, and life were taken for a 360 degree spin all in a span on 4 months! Imagine having a different mindset that was influenced by what seemed to be the perfect fairy tale. I'm not trying to say anything bad here but trying to give depth or context to the situation on how every thing that happens in life, happens a reason. If the universe does not see it fit, it will not let it happen. Its a little funny because while going through any hard situation sometimes its hard to find out what that reason can be. Sometimes its obvious and for me now the reality is I was taken on a fairytale that was always to good to be true. It was a temporary offset on my journey through life. Anyways..

My plans have been constantly changing and I've realized trying to fight for how its suppose to be is not a battle worth fighting. Every person you meet teaches you something. Every person you meet does not need to stay in your life forever because every lesson is a lesson learned. My mentality has been to go with whats thrown my way and keep a smile.

Okay enough rambling.. I could ramble forever but hey, just imagine being in my mind.. I feel like I have a thousand thoughts a minute.

Anyways for 2014 I've decided to finally go after another item on my bucket list.. One thing I have always wanted to do and when the opportunity presented itself, I took it. I'm taking the SF Loft Yoga Teacher Training Certification in March - July and I could not be more excited for whats to come. One of my best friends and favorite yogi, Setahrae, is taking it as well. We are a great duo in accomplishing our goals, exploring the world and wanting to one day lead yoga retreats and spread the joy we get from doing yoga.

Yoga is a practice that is never fully perfected. Something you will always be a student and always have room for growth. Its a never ending hobby with so much potential. Its my passion. It uses all of your muscles in such a precise way, its beautiful. It's invigorating and challenging. Its a feeling you can always feel empowered for chasing.

Anyway my title, get naked? I thought it was appropriate because I want to join a nudist colony as well this year. Any other takers? Living in the nude with no judgement doesn't sound fun to you?

I'm kidding. I'm not going to do that this year but right on to the people that do it. I support everyone who does what makes them happy.

Okay post ramble.. I mean it in the sense of pushing one out of their comfort zone. Get bare. Make sure to try new things, challenge yourself in new ways, grow and never let it get boring.

I've always been an open book. I have always been a bit hard headed when I get the mindset of doing something and I can be quite stubborn but thats me getting naked and admitting what I know to be true about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment